I am Snahashish Paul, currently pursuing my MASc in Transportation Engineering at Carleton University under the supervision of Dr. Kamal Hossain. I completed my Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from KUET, Bangladesh in 2017. Being ambitious, I always wanted to develop my career in research and education sector. So, after my graduation, I started working as a Lecturer in Civil Engineering at KUET and am currently serving as an assistant professor. My research goal is to improve the performance and sustainability of road pavements as well as the design of temperature-resilient pavement systems, which are some of the current research priorities of the Advanced Road & Transportation Engineering Lab (ARTEL).
- B. Sc. in Civil Engineering, KUET, Bangladesh
- Assistant Professor, KUET, Bangladesh, May 2021-Present
- Undergraduate Merit Position: 2nd out of 103 Graduated Students
- “Deans Award” for excellent result (Greater than GPA 3.75 in an academic year) in the last three years of bachelor’s degree
- Award of Excellence by “Mongla Cement Factory & Elephant Brand Cement” in 2015
- Pavement Materials, Pavement Mechanics, Concrete and Asphalt Mixture Performance, Internal Curing of Concrete Pavements
- Rahman, M. M., Jyoti, L. T. Z., Paul, S., Ishmam, A., & Hossain, M. A. (2020). Mechanical and Thermal Performance of Cement Mortar Incorporating Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP). Civil Engineering Journal, 6(11), 2231–2244. doi:10.28991/cej-2020-03091614
- Paul, S., Rashid, M. H., & Rahman, M. A. (2020). Effect of Elevated Temperature on Residual Strength of Self Compacted Concrete. Journal of Engineering Science, 11(2), 107–115. doi:10.3329/jes.v11i2.50902.