My name is Jalal Barzegaran, and I have recently been admitted as a Ph.D. student in Pavement Engineering at Carleton University, under the supervision of Dr. Kamal Hossain. I completed my master’s degree in Highway and Transportation Engineering at K.N. Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Iran. For my thesis, I worked on cost-effective methods of pavement condition assessment and pavement performance prediction. I also gained relevant executive experience as a research assistant, pavement engineer, project manager, and senior researcher at prestigious companies and academic institutes in Iran, which have boosted my enthusiasm for research in pavement and road asset management as my long-term aspiration.
- M.Sc. (Highway and Transportation Engineering), K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Iran
- B.Sc. (Civil Engineering), Isfahan University of Technology, Iran
- Road asset management, pavement maintenance management, pavement performance modeling, pavement condition monitoring, data analysis, machine learning, artificial intelligence, pavement life cycle analysis, road and airport pavement design
- Barzegaran J, Dezfoulian R S, Fakhri M. (2021). Estimation of IRI from PASER using ANN based on k-means and fuzzy c-means clustering techniques: a case study. International Journal of Pavement Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2021.2000988
- Fakhri M, Karimi S M, Barzegaran J. (2021). Predicting International Roughness Index Based on Surface Distresses in Various Climate and Traffic Conditions Using Laser Crack Measurement System. Transportation Research Record, 2675(11), 397-412. https://doi.org/10.1177/03611981211017906
- Fakhri M, Dezfoulian R S, Barzegaran J. (2018). Assessment of Fatigue Cracking in Flexible Pavements Using Destructive & Non-destructive Methods and Field Evaluation. Middle East Society of Asphalt Technologists (MESAT) Conference, Beirut, Lebanon.